The USPP programme seeks individuals who have a strong interest in data science and analytics and who are passionate about applying these techniques to help shape and improve urban planning and policy.
Applicants from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds are welcomed. Applicants to the USPP programme should possess the following:
• At least a Bachelor’s degree or above
• Proficiency in English (A minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or TOEFL score of 580 / 92 / 237 is required if English was not the medium of instruction in your last degree)
1. Prepare your application materials, including:
- Your Statement of Objectives (1,000 words)
- Original Bachelor’s and Master’s degree transcript and certificate
Please provide your latest official transcripts and official letter of certification from your institution stating the expected date of graduation or award of degree if you have not graduated from your degree programme. For non-English documents, an official English translation must be provided.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score report
If the medium of instruction during your last degree was not in English, please submit your IELTS or TOEFL scores no later than 2 weeks after the application deadline.
- Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) score report
Not required, but GRE scores will be considered if they are included in the application.
- Names, titles & e-mail addresses of your 2 recommenders/referees
Do notify your recommenders beforehand as they must submit their respective online recommendations within 1 week after you submit your application.
- Relevant supporting documents
Academic and/or industry portfolio, awards, publications, etc.
- Identity Card or Passport
2. Submit your online application early to facilitate processing.
3. Short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview (in-person, Skype or telephone)
4. Admissions letters are sent out together with details of any awarded scholarships
A non-refundable fee of $21.40 (inclusive of GST) will be levied for each application. Please note that an application without the application fee payment will not be processed.
Several scholarships are available for both Singaporean/PR and international students admitted into the MUSPP.
Scholarships are bond-free and will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, leadership and other qualities.
Candidates may request to be considered for a scholarship at the same time as application for admission to SUTD. Awardees will be notified upon acceptance to the Master’s programme. The decision of the selection committee is final, and enquiries or disputes surrounding its decisions will not be entertained.
Scholarships for Singaporean Citizens and Permanent Residents
Scholarships for International Students
Compulsory Miscellaneous Fees
In addition to tuition fees, students are required to pay the Compulsory Miscellaneous Fees (CMF), as long as they remain registered as students with the University. This fee is non-refundable. More information on the Compulsory Miscellaneous Fees.